Oh hey. I used to blog once. Once…
So hello again fellow space travelers, and I’m hoping anyone still reading this blog had a most amazing holiday season, which is now receding into the shimmering mists of the recent past like trees in the rear-view mirror during the Chickie Run sequence in “Rebel Without A Cause”.
What a perfectly odd reference.
Well we’re a week into a new year with an entire explosive jambalaya of opportunities and experiences presenting themselves to us. And of course more than a few new races. In 2018 I ran probably the least amount of running events since I started racing in 2012, and logged what was easily the least amount of road miles since I started running in 2011, but all of it constituted much of the year’s enjoyment.
From the Dopey Challenge at Walt Disney World in January to the Original Jingle Bell Jog in December, 2018 was a fun year. And as part of that process, I put together my usual On The Run video capping off a list of race highlights.
And as always, this video is a celebration, not of me, but of all the wonderful old friends, new friends, family, supporters, and rapscallions who joined me on the journey, and allowed me to accompany them on theirs.
That is the real fun part of it all. Cuz this hobby ain’t cheap, so you might as well surround yourself with swell, wonderfully strange, and eminently likeable nitwits. You are my people.
So thanks for joining me last year, and here’s hoping 2019 will be even more amazing. If you wanna ride the rainbow with me, check out my race calendar at Upcoming Races. If you’re nice I might even give you a churro. A CHURRO!
Anyway, check out my video below, featuring the under-heralded musical genius of Moon Safari and their 2008 prog-pop wonderment “Yasgur’s Farm”.
2018 Race Rundown
- January 4, 2018 — Walt Disney World 5K
- January 5, 2018 — Walt Disney World 10K
- January 6, 2018 — Walt Disney World Half Marathon
- January 7, 2018 — Walt Disney World Marathon
- March 10, 2018 — Fort Lauderdale Shamrock Run 5K
- March 25, 2018 — Sunrise Half Marathon
- May 6, 2018 — Wings For Life World Run
- October 6, 2018 — ZooRun 5K
- October 27, 2018 — Miami Beach Halloween Freaky 4-Miler
- November 18, 2018 — Flanigan’s Rockin’ Rib Run 10K
- November 22, 2018 — Fort Lauderdale Turkey Trot 5K
- November 25, 2018 — Space Coast Half Marathon (South Side)
- December 22, 2018 — The Original Jingle Bell Jog 5K